ADMISSION PROCESS AND INFORMATION
Hinkson Christian Academy is an English language-based school providing North American curriculum to prepare students for North American colleges and universities. While we value our international identity and admit students from many different nations, we are unable to adapt our curriculum to meet specific requirements that may exist from nation to nation.
A child must be six years old by June 1 of the year of application in order to be admitted to first grade.
Children whose first language is NOT English will be admitted only after taking an English Proficiency Test. The test will be administered and evaluated by our ESL coordinator, who will make recommendations regarding admissions and placement. Once the child is admitted at a specific grade level, skipping grade levels in future years will not be allowed.
HCA is not equipped to provide for the following:
- Students with severe learning disabilities
- Students with severe physical disabilities
- Emotionally disturbed children
- Students with a history of misbehavior or who demonstrate a reticence to abide by and uphold the rules of HCA
- Students with a record of discipline, suspension, and expulsion problems
HCA Purpose StatementHinkson Christian Academy exists to assist families by educating and training their children in a Christian environment thereby enabling them to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially in order to serve God and man with excellence and integrity.
Non-Discrimination PolicyHinkson Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and athletic and other school administered programs.
- Application Form – Complete an application form available upon request at email@example.com.
- Placement Test – To help determine the appropriate grade level for student placement, a recent standardized test and report cards must be received, or the school may administer a placement test.
- English Proficiency Test – Students whose first language is not English must take an English Proficiency Test. There is a fee for this test.
- Interview – You will be advised if an interview is necessary and an appointment will be scheduled.
- Evaluation – Once all required forms have been received and any necessary testing has been completed, the application packet will be evaluated. Based upon this information, as well as the availability of space, the decision will be made concerning enrollment.
- Notification – Parents will be informed as soon as possible regarding enrollment applications, but usually not prior to May 15th. Normally notification will be sent by e-mail. Please direct any inquires to the school registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other required documents:
- Doctrinal Statement – Only one doctrinal statement is required per family, but both parents/guardians should read and sign the statement.
- Parental and Student Agreement – Before a student is enrolled, his/her parents must agree with and sign the Parental Agreement. Students enrolled in grades 9-12 must agree to abide by and sign the HCA Community Covenant.
- Student Medical History Form and up to date immunization information. New students are required to have a physical exam. Please direct questions to the School Nurse.
For more information and/or application please contact email@example.com
Ages by grade
- Kindergarten – 5 years old by June 1st
- 1st grade – 6 years old by June 1st
- 2nd grade – 7 years old by September 1st
- 3rd grade – 8 years old by September 1st
- 4th grade – 9 years old by September 1st
- 5th grade – 10 years old by September 1st
- 6th grade – 11 years old by September 1st
- 7th grade – 12 years old by September 1st
- 8th grade – 13 years old by September 1st
- 9th grade – 14 years old by September 1st
- 10th grade – 15 years old by September 1st
- 11th grade – 16 years old by September 1st