"Passion for Christ,
Impacting the World"
Hinkson Christian Academy exists to assist families by educating and training their children in a Christian environment thereby enabling them to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially in order to serve God and man with excellence and integrity.
Hinkson Christian Academy is looking for teachers who not only love academics, but desire to nurture and disciple young people socially and spiritually in a grace-filled international environment. If you are positive, flexible, and see eternal value in the everyday work of nurture, our school could be a great fit for you!
Admissions process and information
Hinkson Christian Academy is an English language based school using, basically, North American curriculum aiming to prepare its students to enter North American colleges and universities. While we strive to have an international view and admit students from many different nations, we are unable to adapt our curriculum to meet specific requirements that may exist from nation to nation.
A child must be six years old by September 1 of the year of application in order to be admitted to first grade.
Children whose first language is NOT English will be admitted only after taking an English Proficiency Test. The test will be administered and evaluated by our ESL coordinator. Recommendations will be given as to whether the child will be admitted and at what level he will be placed. Once the child is admitted at a specific grade level, skipping grade levels in future years will not be allowed.
HCA is not equipped to handle the following students and, therefore, they will generally not be accepted:
- Severely learning disabled children
- Severely physically handicapped children
- Emotionally disturbed children
- Students with a history of misbehavior or who demonstrate a reticence to abide by and uphold the rules of HCA
- Students with a record of discipline, suspension and expulsion problems
HCA Purpose StatementHinkson Christian Academy exists to assist families by educating and training their children in a Christian environment thereby enabling them to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially in order to serve God and man with excellence and integrity.
HCA Educational PhilosophyHCA shall base its programs, objectives, goals and vision on the following: The educational philosophy of HCA is based on the God-centered view of truth as revealed in the Bible, the Word of God.
Since God created and sustains all things through His Son, Jesus Christ, the universe and all life are dynamically related to God and have the purpose of glorifying Him. This is pointedly true of people, who were made in God's image, different in kind from all other creation, with the unique capacity to know and respond to God personally.
Because people are sinners by nature and choice, they can know and honor God in their lives only by being born again through receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Thus they are enabled to glorify God by doing His will, which is the ultimate purpose of life. The entire process of education becomes, therefore, a means used by the Holy Spirit to bring students into fellowship with God, to develop a Christian mind in them and to train them in godly living, so that they can fulfill God's total purpose for their lives personally and vocationally.
This process necessitates interaction between the student and teacher models, i.e. parents, professional teachers, pastors, etc.
The authority for such education comes both from God's command that children be taught to love God and place Him first in their lives, and from the fact that parents are responsible for the total education of their children. At the parents' request, HCA becomes a partner in providing this education.
Non-Discrimination PolicyHinkson Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and athletic and other school administered programs.
- Application Form - Completely fill out and return an application form for each student applying for enrollment. You may deliver to HCA, mail, fax or e-mail (as an attachment) the applications.
- Registration Fee - The registration fee should accompany each application. The registration fee will be refunded if HCA is unable to admit a student (less $25 to cover processing of the application). If a student is accepted, registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Transcript Release Form - This release must be signed and mailed to the last school attended. If the applicant was home schooled we require a record listing the subjects taken, the curriculum used, the material covered along with numerical grades for each subject, each semester.
- Doctrinal Statement - Please read the school’s doctrinal statement carefully and return a signed copy with the application. Only one doctrinal statement is required per family, but both parents/guardians should read and sign the statement.
- Parental and Student Agreement - Before a student is accepted, his/her parents must agree with and sign the Parental Agreement. Students admitted to grades 9 -12 must agree to abide by and sign the Student’s Agreement.
- Student Medical History - Please complete this form. Immunizations must be up-to-date. New students are required to have a physical exam. Please direct questions to the School Nurse.
- Placement Test - To help determine the appropriate grade level for student placement, a recent standardized test must be received or the school may administer a placement test.
- English Proficiency Test - Students whose first language is not English must take an English Proficiency Test. There is a 750 ruble fee per student for kindergarten - 3rd grade and 1500 rubles for 4th - 12th grade for this test.
- Interview - You will be advised if an interview is necessary and an appointment will be scheduled.
- Evaluation - Once all required forms have been received, the registration fee has been paid and any necessary testing has been completed, the application packet will be evaluated. Based upon this information, as well as the availability of space, the decision will be made concerning enrollment.
- Notification - Parents will be informed as soon as possible regarding enrollment applications, but usually not prior to May 15th. Normally notification will be sent by e-mail. Please direct any inquires to the school registrar at email@example.com
- Other Required Information (not necessary to enroll, but must be completed by the first day of classes; forms will be provided later)
- Up-to-date immunization information.
- Emergency and Contingency Planning Form providing information about what to do in case of emergency.
- Parent Resource Profile indicating how you would like to contribute your time and talents to the school.
For more information and/or application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org